Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Exactly what did I buy?

I see a few members of Congress are responding to the media reports that none of the banks receiving bailout funds will disclose where the money is going.All of a sudden they realize that maybe they should have thrown in a touch of oversight to track this money.Sorry,a day late and a dollar short.

I have a similar question.I would like Congress to report to me specifically where you spent my tax dollars.If it's suddenly become prudent and responsible to require dollar in/dollar out tracking for banks,than I don't see why you can't do it with my money.I want to know that none of my tax money is being wasted,just as the bailout funds are tax money.

Now,Congress will kick and scream and say they can't do that.Why then would they require the banks to?Makes you wonder why the banks and insurance companies are allowed to keep their private jets and the Big 3 can't.You really don't want to start wondering why all the double standards exist,because it's too discouraging.More to come...

No comments: